June 14, 2011

Devotions with Boys

I am reading a short devotion to the boys every night before bed and have found that it opens the door for some great conversation. The topic right now is worry......how appropriate since we are in the midst of some things that could cause all three of us to have some moments of worry. I have stressed to the boys that we are on an adventure and God is constantly working even if we don't see Him. I know that He is getting ready to do something amazing in our lives. Oh to have the faith of a child, as I talk to them they are like little sponges taking every word literally. I want to believe like that. I want to trust Jesus so much that I never question what He is doing. I want those boys to learn to walk by faith. As we chase the "American Dream" it robs us of the ability to depend on God for everything. If we want something badly enough, we just work harder. We are so quick to "upgrade" our technology, rarely content. I love leaning on Jesus. I want Him to define me. Matthew 6 is a great chapter that helps us put worry in perspective. Look it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment