June 5, 2011

Inspiration

There are many people or things that inspire us in life. If you asked me where my inspiration comes from I would quickly say the faithfulness of Jesus. He has never let me down! I can remember distinctly the very moment that I made a verbal promise to Him to stay faithful to Him no matter what trials came into my life. I am not sure I knew when I made that promise, what that would mean, but that might have been the most pivotal moment in my life. Let me tell you how it unfolded......I had been married for 13 years and had been crushed by betrayal for the second time.....my life was shattered....my family destroyed.....my hopes and dreams were over. I was homeschooling my children and it took every bit of energy just to get out of bed each day. I had to rely on Jesus for emotional, spiritual and physical strength. When I could steal a few moments away I would get on my face before God on the floor of my closet and beg Him to help me. I felt as if the tears would never end. I pleaded with Him to NEVER stop pursuing me....whatever that meant....trials, struggles, challenges or even blessings. I wanted to be pursued by God in a way that most never get to experience. I promised Him that day that I would remain faithful, no matter the circumstances. I can assure you that I am nowhere near perfect, but that one moment, that one promise; HAS CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER. I will not move, I will not be shaken....I will stand firm in the truth. Jesus is my inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Keep on writing girl - let God fill your blog with His power! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you took this step. (You are way more eloquent than you realize.)

    ReplyDelete