June 9, 2011

Hold my face~

There are many times we get overwhelmed with our circumstances. We become desperate for someone to rescue us or come sweeping in at the last moment to save the day. It is true that God uses people to help in unbelievable ways, but because our tendency is to depend on man, we don't completely depend on Jesus for everything. There have been many times in my life where I have asked God to help me out with a need or a desire, secretly hoping that "Someone" in my life would meet that need. (Not truly trusting) At this point in my life I am desperate for Jesus to be ALL THAT I NEED. So often I have gotten in the way of what He truly wants to do in my life. I will do that NO LONGER. When I was at one of my lowest points and I felt like I was begging God to make the pain and tears stop, I asked one of my friends for some advice. She is a godly woman who I admire deeply....I told her of my desperation and how I kept getting overwhelmed with my circumstances....and she said the most practical words I have heard. She said Judy, every time you feel like that, it is because you are focusing on circumstances and not on Jesus....ask Him to "Hold your Face." I have put those words into practice so many times. What a comfort to know that when He is holding our faces NOTHING else matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment