June 6, 2011

His Word Does Not Return Void~

I am absolutely amazed at the number of verses that will come to me during a specific struggle.  I mean AMAZED. As a child I was pounded with Scripture. (Awana, Christian School, Church, Christian College, Songs, etc.) I am sure that when I was memorizing these verses it was a drudgery, but now as an adult, I could not be more thankful. Psalm 119:11 says "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." I believe this with all of my heart, in fact, as a mother, I am almost in panic mode to make sure those boys learn the Bible. I wonder how many verses I know....It would be interesting to find out. But I can tell you that those verses are like God audibly speaking directly to me. He gives me exactly the right verse at exactly the right moment. Is this a common occurrence? Does this happen to everyone that has memorized lots of verses as a child? I love the fact that God uses something that is so old, to be 100% relevant to our current culture. Think about that....is there anything else that you can say that about? I challenge all of you to continue to memorize God's Word. It is something that can never be taken from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment